Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Foreign Military / Mysteries from central Asia
« Last post by Baranger on July 21, 2017, 07:49:28 am »
I have a few mysterious souvenirs that I picked up in central Asia more than 15 years ago, and any help will be appreciated:

Bought this at a large military supply store in Rawalpindi, Pakistan, near Islamabad. The animal is the markhor, a wild goat that is a national symbol of Pakistani and the patch is the same size and color as the national Army insignia worn by staff officers.

Obtained this (and a ton of other Afghan insignia) in Kabul a few weeks after the Taliban left town in 2001. I've identified pretty much everything except this. The symbol seems to be a red lightning bolt superimposed over a parachute, but the Arabic-character script (abbreviations in Pashto or Dari, probably) is inscrutible.

And two from India, both purchased at a very old (opened in the Raj era) officer supply store in New Delhi in the late 1990s or early 2000s. Some of the items I bought dated from the 1950s and one insignia was from the British Raj. Shortly after my last visit in 2005 or so, the owner retired and the store closed.

Most Indian Air Force wings have IAF in the center shield, but this has Hindi script on a red background. No clue. Perhaps army instead of air force?

ADC is obviously Aide de Camp, a military office that exists at many levels in the Indian army all the way down to state government. And this patch was probably already quite old when I bought it. But the script doesn't match the ADC insignia that I've seen on active officers.

Any info is appreciated!
General Discussion / Re: WTB: Older issues of the Trading Post
« Last post by MBS on July 17, 2017, 02:51:39 pm »
Sent you an email.

Thank you.

Brent
General Discussion / For Sale - Back Issues of Trading Post 1976-2009
« Last post by srusson on July 17, 2017, 12:27:14 pm »
Offered for sale - 130+ Trading Post back issues January 1976 - June 2009 from my late father’s collection.  All are in very good condition, clean, not musty, no stains, no markings inside (but be informed that I have not checked each and every page). Also have “Index to Trading Post 1980-1989”.  Pet free, smoke free home.  Price - $3.50 each plus postage via USPS Media Mail.  If you purchase 3 or more, $2.50 each plus postage via USPS Media Mail.   Thank you.

NOTE - SOLD  July-Sept 1976, Jan-March 1978, July-Sept 1978, Oct-Dec 1978, Jan-March 1986
General Discussion / Re: WTB: Older issues of the Trading Post
« Last post by srusson on July 17, 2017, 10:57:50 am »
If you are still interested....I have Trading Post back issues January 1976-June 2009 from my late father’s collection.  All are in very good condition, clean, not musty, no stains, no markings inside (but be informed that I have not checked each and every page). Also have “Index to Trading Post 1980-1989”.  Pet free, smoke free home.  Price - $3.50 each plus postage via USPS Media Mail.  If you purchase 3 or more, $2.50 each plus postage via USPS Media Mail.   
General Discussion / Re: Membership renewals
« Last post by Jack Kelly on July 10, 2017, 07:23:26 pm »
Thanks, got it.
U.S. Army / Re: Unidentified Hallmark
« Last post by tredhed2 on July 10, 2017, 04:05:24 pm »
Thanks, Brent. I couldn't find it anywhere.
« Last post by MBS on July 10, 2017, 03:14:24 pm »

http://www.asmic.org/

Once you log in, the member's home page is opened. Right below the ASMIC banner and page tab selections you should see welcome to ASMIC with your name and your membership expiration date.

Hope this is helpful.

Brent
« Last post by kelly on July 10, 2017, 08:13:13 am »
I have gone to my place on the membership list but am not seeing my yearly membership status.  Can someone tell what I need to do to make sure I am current with dues?

thanks
Jack
Foreign Military / Re: Unknown British Insignia
« Last post by kelly on July 10, 2017, 08:02:04 am »
Yes bottom left is Signal Corps.  this image referred to as 'Jimmy" is used by the British and other Commonwealth countries.
U.S. Army / Re: Shoulder patch identification
« Last post by lazer49 on July 09, 2017, 09:03:16 pm »
It does not appear to be U.S. , but a foreign unit patch. I have never seen that one?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10