Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Shows / Military Show in Kansas City, sponsored by ASMIC
« Last post by tredhed2 on May 21, 2017, 01:55:36 pm »
I want to encourage all the guests who read our website to come and join us in KC, this year. Show dates are Friday, Sept 8th and Saturday, Sept 9th. Members of the public gain entry at 1200 noon on Fri and 0830 Sat. The location is KCI Expo Center, 11730 NW Ambassador Drive, KC MO 64153 and is located across the street from the KC Intl Airport.

There will be 400+ tables of sales items, but one of the better attractions of the show are the displays that many of our members, and members of the public, set up. So many of them are better than museum quality in scope and individual insignia.

Attending this show, as well as others, is important so that you can examine insignia, or what you collect, in person. Attending shows is a much better option than merely looking at your computer screen. No one will bite you for examining patches, and most dealers are more than willing to ask questions. Remember, they were new to the hobby at one point, too. 

Come on out and join us!     
U.S. Military / Re: Metal pin from ??
« Last post by dlsheley on May 16, 2017, 01:29:40 am »
Hello, what you have is U.S. Army and it is Headquarters Company U.S. Army. On plate 123 #12 & 13 (U.S. Army Heraldic Crests book) by stein. There are a left and right side. Hope this helps.
Very much! Thank you.
Unknown / Re: Unknown badge or belt buckle
« Last post by deerhound on May 15, 2017, 07:38:11 am »
This is one of many such buckles made in the early part of the last century for wear by civilians, often women.  The item is not military. in spite of the "look"...the loops are made for a very narrow belt.  The cross in the center has no association with The Border Regiment, and is merely decorative.  I have encountered quite a few locket buckles of this nature, though not this one.  My favorite was that for the Scots Guards with a lion's mask in the center.  Total fantasy, though a well-made fantasy piece.
Unknown / Re: unknown patch
« Last post by deerhound on May 15, 2017, 07:30:55 am »
More specifically this is an enlisted man's collar patch for the French 410th Artillery Regiment, and more likely from the 1920s-30s .
« Last post by corinna@gci.net on May 14, 2017, 06:38:41 pm »
Hello, what you have is U.S. Army and it is Headquarters Company U.S. Army. On plate 123 #12 & 13 (U.S. Army Heraldic Crests book) by stein. There are a left and right side. Hope this helps.
U.S. Army / Re: My new bullion patch
« Last post by dlsheley on May 13, 2017, 04:12:01 am »
Yeah, got lucky on this one, no damage on the patch at all.
U.S. Army / Re: My new bullion patch
« Last post by tredhed2 on May 11, 2017, 03:21:51 pm »
Even though you can't keep a mothed uniform, the moths did not eat the patch. Nice variation to find. Thanks for posting. 
« Last post by tredhed2 on May 11, 2017, 03:20:37 pm »
Yes, your piece is NSMeyer made and more recently, too with the Meyer Metal stamp. Sorry, can't ID, maybe someone else can.   
U.S. Army / My new bullion patch
« Last post by dlsheley on May 07, 2017, 08:44:32 pm »
Picked this up off ebay a while back. It was on an officers jacket with quite a bit of moth damage and no ID to make me keep them together.
Shows / 1 Day Military Show Sunday Oct. 29, 2017 Akron, OH
« Last post by Wedgehead30 on May 07, 2017, 10:00:08 am »
The Fall date has been set. Come on out and see us.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10