Author Topic: Army CIC Brass, ROTC SSI, Naval Intelligence Badge  (Read 1814 times)

MikeBerger

• View Profile
Army CIC Brass, ROTC SSI, Naval Intelligence Badge
« on: January 15, 2017, 08:22:00 am »
Some years ago I picked up this pair of enlisted CIC lapel brass. They were almost certainly made in Germany at the end of WWII or during the occupation. I have never seen another pair nor have any of the people I've asked. Can anyone identify the unit that had them made?

Second item is an image of what purports to be a Syracuse University ROTC SSI - it would logically be post-1960 (when I graduated) and pre-1972 (when the "Saltine Warrior" was dropped in favor of "Bill Orange" as the SU mascot). Does anyone have a source for one of these SSI?

Third item is a jpg of a Naval Intelligence badge I bought from the estate of a senior Naval Intelligence Officer many years ago. It is a full-size badge in perfect condition. "N.S. Meyer, New York" is stamped on the reverse. There is no number. I was told it was likely a sample that was made by N.S. Meyer for the Navy and kept by the officer. To the best of my knowledge except for lapel pins there are no reproductions of this badge. Can anyone verify?

tredhed2

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Army CIC Brass, ROTC SSI, Naval Intelligence Badge
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 08:09:41 pm »
Re: your CIC collar disc, it would be difficult to pin it down to a specific unit without numbers.  We all have seen lots of numbered disks for a variety of units, but this is the first CIC disk I have ever seen.

Re: your ROTC and Navy, not my pay grade.

MikeBerger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 09:09:09 pm »
Thanks - as noted, no one I've spoken with has ever seen those discs either. There obviously must have been more than one pair. I can't imagine what they are worth. I'll probably take them to the Ft Belvoir show in February.

tredhed2

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 12:33:31 am »
RE: source of ROTC - try member Dean Townsend he is only ROTC cloth collector I know

MikeBerger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 08:15:37 am »
Thanks for the lead. I'm a former, not current, ASMIC member, so I don't have access to member list.