Author Topic: Any Other WWII USMC Aviation Squadron Patch Collectors Out There?  (Read 3213 times)

jpatrickstout

• View Profile
I understand that this is a small niche, but are there any collectors on the forum who have WWII or immediately postwar USMC Aviation Squadron patches and/or associated insignia, photos or groupings?  While Millstein laid the foundation for what we know today, there are no other publications since then that expand on that knowledge.  I have found no forums that are worthwhile for the advanced collector, or very few collectors who are willing to share their material.  Ron Burkey and Bill Scott have proved valuable and very open to questions as well as a rare individual or 2.  I have a lot to share here, as well as many questions to ask, but is there anybody interested in seeing it, and vice versa, are there members willing to share their items, whether just one grouping, or, patches, etc.  FWIW, I am almost finished on an up to date pictorial reference of these WWII/1946 patches, decals, etc.

So, anyhoo, that is my thought for the day.  I really do look forward to any responses or questions,
pat

MACCS History

• View Profile
Re: Any Other WWII USMC Aviation Squadron Patch Collectors Out There?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 08:42:18 am »
Pat,
     I am also a collector of USMC aviation insignia.  A small niche indeed but there are some great resources.  I also have a keen interest in aviation ground unit insignia especially the C2 units.  I have access to some amazing material if you are interested or if there are any holes in your research that you need help filling.

MH

currahee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 08:48:46 am »
Pat & MH,
  Given your mutual interest in USMC Aviation patches, you should be interested in the article in the current issue of The Trading Post which is online here in asmic.org by Lt Col (Ret) Joe Lehman and his experiences flying "The Hummer."
  Dave

jpatrickstout

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 11:45:05 pm »
Pat,
     I am also a collector of USMC aviation insignia.  A small niche indeed but there are some great resources.  I also have a keen interest in aviation ground unit insignia especially the C2 units.  I have access to some amazing material if you are interested or if there are any holes in your research that you need help filling.

MH

Thank you!  Yes, there always seems like there are holes to fill.  My email:  jpatrickstout7605@comcast.net
 regards,
pat

jpatrickstout

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 11:45:51 pm »
Pat & MH,
  Given your mutual interest in USMC Aviation patches, you should be interested in the article in the current issue of The Trading Post which is online here in asmic.org by Lt Col (Ret) Joe Lehman and his experiences flying "The Hummer."
  Dave

Dave, thanks for the heads up!

regards,
pat